Thursday, January 26, 2017

Weekly Weigh In 5: Turning 35 and Finishing the Month Strong!





     I can't believe I am saying this, but I just finished my first full month of Weight Watchers.  Where has the time gone?!  It has been a crazy month indeed.  Just to reflect back this past month included obstacles such as New Years, a crazy stomach flu, starting up this program, and most recently my birthday.

     That's right, your homegirl is now 35 years old. To celebrate my husband took me out to an amazing local restaurant called the Black Sheep Social Club. I didn't hold back - there were duck fat fries with bacon offered, and cupcakes.  For my birthday I gave myself the weekend off the program.  I didn't select the "healthy option", I didn't track, and most of all I didn't regret giving myself two days of freedom.

    When Monday hit, I was back to tracking without a blink.  I recognized my weekend of food festivities may negatively impact my results, but I didn't let that stop me from going back to the plan.  In fact allowing myself that weekend empowered me.  I felt more in control of the choices I made this past week knowing that I had allowed myself to indulge without the usual guilt that follows.

    And holy crap it worked!  This week at weigh in I am down 8.8 pounds!  After last week I was honestly hoping to just not gain again. I went back to my standard of not eating breakfast before weigh in and wearing traditional work out gear.  I still don't know for sure if those had any affect, but I will say this: I'm not wearing jeans to weigh in anymore.

    This weeks 8 pound loss leaves me with a monthly total of 11.0 pounds lost. My original goal for my first month of weight watchers was 8-10 pounds.  I am so happy to have reached my first goal.  I hate to say it, but I am almost optimistic about the rest of my journey!  Calm down kids I said 'almost' optimistic - you won't be seeing any 5 am yoga Instagram motivational posts from me. Ever. I'm far too cynical for motivational yoga pics, and 5 am.


Motivational Song of The Week:

'I Am The Fire' by Halestorm (watch the video and hear the song here).   This not only is one of my favorite songs,  my oldest son Gabe really likes it too. It has a great message about personal strength and Lzzy Hale can pretty much rock any one's face off.

"Am I brave enough?
Am I strong enough?
To follow the desire
That burns from within
To push away my fear
To stand where I'm afraid
I am through with this
Cuz I am more than this
I promise to myself
Alone and no one else
My flame is rising higher"

Measurements:

Starting Weight: 342.4 lbs
Current Weight: 331.4 lbs
Weekly Gain/Loss: -8.8 lbs
Total Lost: 11.0 lbs

    Come back next week where I will discuss my goals for the upcoming month, update my size measurements and post a new somewhat humiliating photo.  Thank you all for stopping by and as always I will see you next week! 
     

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More