Thursday, January 12, 2017

Weekly Weigh 3: Uhhh.. I lost how much?!





"I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."
                       
                                                                             - Emily, The Devil Wears Prada


     Damn, it's been a long week.  A long, shitty week.  There's just no sugar coating this weekly weigh in. It's going to be short and blunt because mama needs to get her ass back in bed. 

     Where to begin?  Ok goals.  Did I achieve the goals I set out for myself last week? NO, not a single step was taken on the treadmill.  Instead, our family came down with the stomach flu (yours truly included).   When I wasn't attending to one of my sick children in the bathroom, I was in there myself.  It was a horrible experience and for 3 days I could barely find the energy to stay awake, let alone exercise. 

     Thankfully, it seems to have passed. Solid food oh how I have missed you!  I will simply re-use last week's goals for this upcoming week. 3 times on the treadmill, not counting distance or time, just get on there.  If it would warm up a bit outside, I may even take a walk outside with my new walking buddy (stay tuned for next week's formal introduction).  

     So how did this week end up reflecting on the scale?  Ugh, today was hard guys. I walked in to my meeting, knowing that I was going to be down.  But I wasn't feeling all that proud of it. I mean, I didn't work for it. I didn't even eat!  Plus, despite my best efforts, I could tell that I am still suffering from a bit of dehydration.  Meaning that much of my weight loss likely is just water weight and I might end up gaining it back next week.

     10.8 pounds!  10 fucking pounds I vomited away this week!  Holy shit. Immediately I was warned that this was a dangerous amount of weight to lose in a week. Umm yeah totally unintentional.  This put me not only past my first 5 lbs lost, but also my 10 lbs and 15 lbs marker.  Usually all celebrated in your Weight Watcher meetings.  I wouldn't let them give me my 15 lbs sticker. It was difficult enough standing up for my 5 and 10 lbs stickers knowing that it wasn't through my hard work but rather some chance encounter with a virus that pushed me to that point.  If I keep the weight off next week (when fully re-hydrated) I will celebrate then.


Starting Weight:342.4 lbs
Current Weight: 327.2 lbs
Weekly Gain/Lost: -10.8 lbs
Total Lost: 15.2 lbs

     I'm not kidding when I said I'm now going to bed!  It's going to be warm and there's blankets and pillows and I have no shame... I'm going to bed at 6:30 pm and I'm gonna love it. I survived today and got through my meeting, the kids, and watching after my walking buddy - that deserves an early bedtime!  Mostly I still am worn out from the mess that was this past week.

    I look forward to checking in next week,  hopefully with a better attitude and a fun introduction!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More