Thursday, January 5, 2017

Weekly Weigh In 2: Finding Motivation and the Ugly Truth





     Hello all, and welcome to week 2.  I survived the first week!  It really wasn't all that terrible. The first 2 days I was pretty hungry as I usually am conservative with what I eat when starting out. By the end I was eating to my fill and actually finding it difficult to eat all my daily points. In the past I have always been someone who tends to skip meals and over eat in the evening, so a solid 3 a day and snacks seems like a lot of food to me.

     New Years was difficult. I'll fully admit that.  I think it is difficult for everyone trying to lose weight. Drinks can easily throw you off course, and it was my extended family's Christmas get together.  Food and treats were in abundance.  I didn't deny myself anything, but I did make an effort to not eat as much as I had in the past and I made sure to track everything.  That one day cost me the whole set of weekly points.

     So did it pay off?  IT DID. I am happy to announce that today when I weighed in I am down 4.4lbs!  My goal for this month is averaging 1-2 lbs per week, and this has set me well on my way.

     Goals for week 2: can't I just keep on doing what I did in week 1? It worked for getting me down 4 lbs!  But I don't think it's going to help my goal of being able to do more with the kids. So for week 2 I have set the goal to get on the treadmill at least 3 times. No clue how fast or how far I am going to walk, I can worry about endurance another time. Right now I just need to get my ass up.

    Which brings me to my motivational story.  If you have read my previous posts you may remember that my youngest son was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy last January (if you are interested in that post it can be found here).   Part of  his ongoing care is physical therapy twice a week. This was first to help him learn to crawl, stand, walk and most recently to build core strength.  It's been a struggle for him from the beginning, and it may continue to be for the rest of his life. But he is a little fighter, seriously a spitfire who isn't afraid of putting anyone in their place (and often does).

    Well this past Tuesday we got official notice that he has "graduated" out of physical therapy for the next few months! He's discharged until late April - early May where he only needs to go back to be re-evaluated to make sure he's continuing to develop on the correct schedule.  That was the moment where it just clicked for me.  If this little boy can overcome brain damage to walk, there is certainly no excuse I have to not get up and do a simple walk a few times a week.

     OK time for the ugly truth. Last week I promised measurements and a photo.  I won't be posting these every week, I figured once a month would better show my progress. Plus getting this selfie  was a straight up pain in the ass.  In the future I will employ the help of my husband as I am COMPLETELY INEPT in the art of the selfie.  And you know what? I'm proud of that. So this is an extra special ugly "before" picture.  If you use it to make a meme I will hunt you down and cut you!  However, feel free to photoshop my head on Sofia Vergara's body (I'll take that meme).



Hey all check out those sassy shopping carts! Don't look at my arms or my body! TURN AWAY! 



Measurements:

Bust: 54"               Bicep: 19.5"
Waist: 52"             Thigh: 36"
Hip: 63.5"

Starting Weight: 342.4 lbs
Current Weight: 338.0 lbs
Weekly Loss/Gain: -4.4 lbs
Total Loss: -4.4 lbs


     Here is where I must depart and say "I'll see you next week", but I am not going to leave you empty handed. If you have followed me or know me, you know that music is a huge part of my life and I feel is my best form of expression (even if it's not my words being sung).  So each week I'm gonna wrap these posts up with a song that has best summed up my week or has motivated me.

This week's selection is  'Amnesia' by RED SUN RISING.  You can watch the hilarious video here (NSFW due to language).  I chose this for two reasons: 1. RED SUN RISING is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands and 2. I love the message that you just have this one moment, this one chance to make your life what you want it to be.


  See you next week!


2 comments:

WAY TO GO GIRL!!! Proud soldier in arms with you!

Thanks! It's mildly horrifying posting these online. But I hope it works and keeps me accountable.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More